credits
skin by miss texas at caution 2.0. toggle sidebar by subdevo. cfs script by black. Miniprofile by missy

Add Reply
New Poll

Please Do Not Kick the Vending Machine, Tag: Aiko Tsukihime
Kyosuke Hoshino
 Posted: Aug 26 2017, 11:20 AM

16 // he/him // student

35 POSTS

twins effect
single
straight
4-a
velox

Kookie// N/A

On hot and sweltering days like this, nothing was more satisfying than an ice-cold can of isotonic drink.

Slotting the last coin into the vending machine with a satisfying thunk, Kyosuke pressed the button and waited. He could hear something inside the machine move and tumble… and then nothing. That was curious. He hunkered down and lifted the flap near the base of the machine and peered inside. Nope, no canned drink in sight. Frowning, he reached into the machine and fished around, but found nothing.

He looked up and saw a piece of paper pasted on the front of the machine. There was a line of text, printed in a boring, black font: 'For your own safety, please do not kick or shake the vending machine.'

How effective.

Standing up, Kyosuke took a step back. He glanced around him, and found that there was nobody in the vicinity. And with that, he gave the vending machine a solid kick. Dislodged by the force, the stuck can tumbled noisily – far too noisily in fact – and fell into the collection compartment below. Satisfied, the teen reached into the machine again…

… and found not one, but three cans.

Maybe he shouldn't have kicked that hard, he thought to himself as he fished all three cans out. He glanced around him again, this time round to see if there was anyone he could give out the extra cans to.

@Aiko Tsukihime
PM
^
Aiko Tsukihime
 Posted: Aug 26 2017, 01:54 PM

Fourteen // She/her // Student

46 POSTS

Voice
Single
Hetero
1-A
Siren

Wendi// N/A

Having to a secluded classroom to work on some homework, Aiko held the books to her chest and sighed. Another boring day, but st least she didn't need to speak too much, or use her Quirk at all today. That was always a good thing. But a rather loud noise from down the hall in the cafeteria caught her attention, and she went to investigate.

To her surprise, there was a young man there with three cans in his hands. The brunette blinked a few times, wondering why he needed that many; maybe he was really thirsty? Part of her wanted to back away, but then again, she was here to try and make friends, so against her better judgement, the girl who dubbed herself 'Siren' approached the young man.

"Um...excuse me...?" Great. Nice way to start a conversation, Aiko. Too bad I can't use my Quirk to be more confident. She thought to herself.

@Kyosuke Hoshino
PM
^
Kyosuke Hoshino
 Posted: Sep 2 2017, 01:53 AM

16 // he/him // student

35 POSTS

twins effect
single
straight
4-a
velox

Kookie// N/A

It seemed that Kyosuke's kick had attracted someone's attention. He heaved a sigh of relief when a fellow student appeared. Things would have been absolutely terrible if it had been one of the stricter teachers – or worse, the discipline master himself.

She looked familiar; Kyo recognised her as a junior but they had never spoken to each other before. Standing up, he approached the newcomer and offered her one of the cans. "The vending machine's wonky and gave me two extra cans," he said, indicating the malfunctioning machine with a tilt of his head. [color]"Did I make a very loud noise just now,"[/color] he asked somewhat sheepishly. In front of a fellow student he wasn't afraid to admit that he had kicked the machine, since he reckoned it was something every student would have done. Why else would there be a sign specifically telling people not to kick or shake the machine? "I must have kicked it a little too hard and dislodged a few more cans."

"By the way, I'm Kyosuke," he introduced himself.

@Aiko Tsukihime
PM
^
Aiko Tsukihime
 Posted: Sep 3 2017, 08:27 AM

46 POSTS

Voice
Single
Hetero
1-A
Siren

Wendi// N/A

So the explanation was that he meant to get one, but upon trying to get it out when it got stuck, it seemed to spit out additional cans. "I guess that's a good luck moment for you." Aiko replied with a smile, taking one of the cans. "And I won't say anything about how you got those extras." She added with a wink. Opening the can, she took a sip, relishing in the taste of the beverage as the young man introduced himself as Kyosuke. For once she was grateful that he didn't give his full name; since knowing that would pretty much give her the ability to 'sing' whatever she wanted...well, if she was a villain of course. Which she wasn't...which was why she was here at the Academy. Introduce yourself, idiot!

Recalling that fact, Aiko shook her mind free of the random thoughts and said, "Aiko Tsukihime of Class 1-A. Pleasure to meet you, Kyosuke. And thank you for the beverage; I was actually about ready to get something myself. So...you're a first-year here?" Despite being friendly with the newcomer, she still had a quiet timid was to her voice, as if speaking itself was going to hurt feelings.

@Kyosuke Hoshino
PM
^
Kyosuke Hoshino
 Posted: Sep 5 2017, 08:58 AM

16 // he/him // student

35 POSTS

twins effect
single
straight
4-a
velox

Kookie// N/A

​Kyo scratched his head; it was something he subconsciously did sometimes when he was unsure or had mixed feelings about something. "I suppose so... but I kinda feel that this stroke of luck comes at the expense of the previous person who tried to buy a drink."

Aiko Tsukihime... so that was her name. "Don't thank me for the drink. It wasn't really mine to begin with," he maintained. And to her question he couldn't help but smile. He knew his slight build made him appear younger than he was, but did he really look that young to her? "I'm in my fourth year actually. I'm from Class 4-A, he revealed.

Kyo caught sight of the books Aiko was holding. "Do you have a class that's starting soon?" he asked. "Don't let me hold you up if that's the case." Seeing the books also reminded him of his unfinished homework and the looming deadline; he had to mop that up by tonight.

@Aiko Tsukihime
PM
^
Aiko Tsukihime
 Posted: Sep 5 2017, 03:36 PM

46 POSTS

Voice
Single
Hetero
1-A
Siren

Wendi// N/A

"Even so...maybe this is karma for future good acts. Like offering me one." She replied, still a bit timid in talking. Upon hearing that the young man was a bit older than her, Aiko blushed and glanced down immediately, trying to hide her shame. "I'm so sorry! I just...uh, don't get out and socialize with others, regardless if they are in my class or not...". As this sentence was spoken, the tone gradually went down in volume. This was a bit of a habit of hers, in an effort to avoid not speaking any more than necessary, especially if it involved another person's name being mentioned. Ever since finding out about her Quirk and its nature, Aiko pretty much shut herself up, which was a shame since she loved music and singing in general. She longed to do so again without fear of randomly controlling people.

The question about her having class caused the brunette to shake her head. "No...I just...study time. I find it best that I work alone...I don't want to hurt anyone, or anything like that. Not being held up at all; a bit of free time." She answered, deciding to cut that sentence short with another swig of the canned beverage. She was nervous sure, and hoped that he would understand, or at least hopefully not make it an awkward encounter (as if it wasn't awkward already by taking for as long as she was). Due to the nervousness of the situation at hand, her theist usd gone dry, and before she knew it, the can had been drained. Aiko crumples the can and tossed it into the nearby recycle bin, feeling a bit better.

@Kyosuke Hoshino
PM
^
Kyosuke Hoshino
 Posted: Sep 13 2017, 12:04 AM

16 // he/him // student

35 POSTS

twins effect
single
straight
4-a
velox

Kookie// N/A

((OOC: Apologies for the late reply! I've been swamped by work lately.))

"I suppose so..." Kyo nodded as he opened his own can of drink. He took a swig, relishing the sweetness of the refreshingly cold drink. If this was indeed good karma, then this sure was a satisfying way to be rewarded.

Taken aback by Aiko's flustered reaction, Kyo hurriedly tried to say something to reassure her that it was alright. "No, it's fine," he began, "Not all of us are social butterflies, myself included." For some reason she was clamming up, and Kyo was beginning to wonder if he was making her feel uncomfortable with all this small talk. 

"Anyway... if you're looking for an empty classroom to get some work done, I know of a good place," he offered, hoping that this change of subject would help make things a little less awkward. "It's tucked away in a quiet corner of the block so most people don't know that it's actually open and available for use. I wouldn't have known about that classroom if a senior hadn't told me about it." Realising that Aiko had drained her can, he offered the remaining drink to her. "There's still one can if you'd like more," he said. One was honestly enough for him. If she turned down the offer, maybe he'd find someone else to offer the drink to, or save it for later. 

@Aiko Tsukihime
PM
^
Aiko Tsukihime
 Posted: Sep 13 2017, 08:55 AM

46 POSTS

Voice
Single
Hetero
1-A
Siren

Wendi// N/A

Unsure if she was putting him on the spot with the conversation, she thought it best to try and clear things up lest he misunderstand and take things the wrong way. "No no...it isn't your fault...I mean, it's just... After finding out about my Quirk, which allows me to control anyone as long as I know their full name and make a song or a rhyme about what I want, I sorta shut myself up. I just don't want to end up saying something that...well...". She held the books a bit closer to her chest, feeling a bit more nervous just simply mentioning it to another person. Aiko knew that she was going to get slapped with the reality that she would have to use it in practice combat scenarios, and even in the Festival when that came up, but simply speaking to another student was making her wary.

"I can also use it on myself too, but I need to concentrate if I want to hold the effect for longer than a few seconds." The brunette added after a brief pause. Hearing the information about a spare room that was barely used, Aiko nodded. "Thank you. I'll remember that for future use. But for now, I guess I am just trying to be used to speaking to others without worrying about controlling them."

@Kyosuke Hoshino
PM
^
Kyosuke Hoshino
 Posted: Oct 10 2017, 08:31 AM

16 // he/him // student

35 POSTS

twins effect
single
straight
4-a
velox

Kookie// N/A

((OOC: Apologies for the late reply! I was out of town on a work trip and only just came back recently.))

It was only when Aiko revealed the nature of her quirk did Kyo understand why she chose to keep to herself. It was a legitimate reason, and if Kyo were to be in her shoes, he might have done the same too. But still, it didn't seem right. "Even so, you shouldn't avoid using your quirk just because of that," he blurted out, before realising that he probably didn't have the right to say those words. Firstly, he avoided sparring with most of his peers because of the potentially destructive nature of his quirk, so he was pretty much equally guilty of the same thing. Furthermore, it was her quirk after all, and only she would understand how it truly felt to be burdened with something like that.

Still, what needed to be said had to be said. "I know I'm in no position to say this… but you can't avoid the problem like that,", he added. "The more you try to avoid it, the longer it stays unsolved."

@Aiko Tsukihime
PM
^
Aiko Tsukihime
 Posted: Oct 10 2017, 07:42 PM

46 POSTS

Voice
Single
Hetero
1-A
Siren

Wendi// N/A

((No worries, I know life sucks. XD ))

Hearing him state that she shouldn’t avoid using her power due to her reasoning if not wanting to control people, Aiko glances up in surprise. Did he understand what he just said? She could easily say his full name and do whatever without a second thought, like playing hopscotch through the halls in a tutu (not like she would of course) but that sort of power has a major responsibility behind it. Surely he understood, right?

Or...maybe he didn’t.

“I...I didn’t think there was anything to solve. If I don’t use it, I don’t control anyone.” The brunette replied softly, glancing away once more. “Besides, they have to be able to hear me, I can only do one person at a time, and at most I can make it last an hour before my throat gets sore...if I concentrate enough. Well, that and it makes me uneasy even thinking about using it against someone else.”

@Kyosuke Hoshino
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Candyland CoutureTrust No OneDIVESTED - A Canon Shingeki no Kyojin RoleplaySengoku HorizonWelcome to the Apocalypse!Project: Soul EaterTO BITTER ENDINGSa resource communityPokemon: Forever ForgottenBleach Platinum Hearts

Pending

skinned by miss texas at caution, shine, & cc